Student accidents

The accident policytaken out by the University covers injuries sustained throughout the world, during participation in institutional activities and necessary transfers by any means.

Accident means a fortuitous, violent and external event (i.e. different from illness), with certain specific extensions, such as poisoning, drowning, frostbite, muscular strain, etc.

For Medical Fellows and those attending specialist degrees in the Healthcare Professions as well as the degree course in Medicine and Surgery, cover is also provided for accidental contagion from HIV and Hepatitis B and C viruses.

The policy covers death, permanent and partial disability and the reimbursement of medical expenses.

We would like to remind you that the coverage of the SPECIALISING DOCTORS in the performance of healthcare activities is CHARGED TO THE HOST HEALTH AUTHORITY (Art. 41, paragraph 3 of Italian Legislative Decree. No. 368/99). In the event of an accident, those enrolled in the Schools of Healthcare Specialisation should therefore contact the appropriate Health Authority offices.

Who is insured?

  • Contract lecturers
  • Visiting Lecturers
  • Emeritus and Honorary Lecturers
  • Eminent Scholars
  • Atypical staff carrying out institutional activities
  • Personnel carrying out missions authorised by the University in private vehicles
  • Personnel on board vehicles owned or used by the University
  • Participants in refresher courses and professional state examinations
  • Students enrolled on undergraduate and postgraduate courses
  • Pre-registered students from other universities
  • Students hosted under international programmes
  • Students taking part in double degree/joint degree programmes
  • Trainees and interns
  • Attending graduates
  • Scholarship assignees
  • Assignees

Students and I.N.A.I.L. (Italian Institute for Accidents at Work)

The accident insurance cover provided by I.N.A.I.L. (Italian Institute for Accidents at Work) to Unife employees is also extended, with some limitations, to university students.

Since only I.N.A.I.L. can decide whether or not an accident is eligible for compensation, students are advised to ALWAYS DECLARE THE INJURY AT WORK to the healthcare facility they have applied to, so that the Safety Office can prepare the relevant file.

How to...

Upon occurrence of the event, the injured person must immediately go to the competent public healthcare facility (e.g. A&E, GP, etc.) and declare the ACCIDENT AT WORK. Once the necessary checks have been carried out, the healthcare facility will draw up the usual medical certificate and fill in the telematic I.N.A.I.L. certificate required by the regulations. The injured person will therefore be issued with a copy of the first and a copy of the second (or the identification data of the second: number and date of issue).

At the end of this procedure and as soon as possible, the injured person will send the following documents to the Security Office at

  • the appropriate accident declaration form duly completed and signed
  • medical certificate
  • I.N.A.I.L. accident at work certificate. (copy for employer) or certificate identification data (number and date of issue)
  • consent to data processing
  • in the event of a commuting injury, a copy of the Accident Report Form and/or the report drawn up by the authorities, if applicable


Accident declaration form

Consent to data processing