Application and Scientific Background Required for Acceptance
FREE APPLICATIONS. The CCS (Consiglio del Corso di Studi, i.e. the body of the teachers) will evaluate the degrees and also the scientific background of each applicant, to make sure that it matches the level of the course. If assessment is positive, the applicants can register.
TEACHING AND ATTENDANCE:
“IN PRESENZA”. The “Corso di laurea” teaching is based on standard lectures to the student audience.
SCHOOL LENGTH: TWO YEARS
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATION AND FOR REGISTRATION:
- Application must be submitted no later than DECEMBER 31st, 2016. The document list requested is indicated in:
- Registration deadline is JANUARY 23rd, 2017. The document list requested is indicated in: http://www.unife.it/studenti/immatricolazioni-e-iscrizioni/immatricolazione-a-corsi-di-laurea-magistrale-non-a-ciclo-unico
SCIENTIFIC BACKGROUND REQUIRED FOR ACCEPTANCE:
Scientific background assumed in the course includes:
- Good practical knowledge of Calculus, Geometry and Algebra.
- Basic notions of Chemistry.
- Good understanding of basical Classical Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Electromagnetism and Optics.
- Familiarity of experimentation and its techniques; basic electronics.
- Knowledge of the main theories in Classical and Modern Physics, Special Relativity, Quantum Mechanics and relative mathematical methods, and elements of Statistical Mechanics.
- Sufficient mastership of the English language to understand Physics textbooks in English and lectures in English.
- Computing skills : ability to use existing scientific programs.
- Ability to understand and solve (or at least know how can be solved) Physics problems.
DEGREE FOR REGISTRATION:
Generally, the aforementioned requirements are met by candidates who possess a bachelor degree in Physics, or Italian Laurea Triennale belonging to the so-called class L-30 (DM 270/2004), class 25 (ex DM 509/1999), or have a certified foreign bachelor degree. A good command of spoken and written english is also required.
THE ASSESSMENT OF THE PHYSICS BACKGROUND:
The evaluation of the applicant’s qualifications and Physics background will be done by an Evaluation Committee appointed by the CCS, via an Admission interview on the basic knowledge requested and the applicant’s scientific background required for acceptance, in order to determine:
1. Acceptance of the applicants for registration.
2. Structure of courses avoiding repetition of already known subjects and considering the applicant’s own interests.
CALENDAR OF ADMISSION INTERVIEW
First evaluation: Friday, 23rd September 2016 hour 3PM at Physics and Earth Sciences Department - Building B (Meeting Room - 3rd floor). Scientific-Technological Campus, via Saragat, 1, 44122 – Ferrara.
Calendar of next admission interview will be published on this page.