History and personalities

last modified Mar 24, 2015 02:49 PM

The "Corrosion Study Centre" was founded in 1956 by Professor Leo Cavallaro, Director of Chemistry Institute, and by Doctor Aldo Daccò, President of the Italian Metallurgy Association (AIM), with the aim to improve the knowledge in the field of metal corrosion and corrosion inhibition. The direction of the Centre was taken in charge by Professor Vittorio Carassiti and, from 1976 to 2004, by Professor Giordano Trabanelli, granted of "Emeritus Professor of the University of Ferrara" title. Since 2004 to October 2011 the Professor Fabrizio Zucchi directed the Centre.
At the beginning of 2011 the Centre has been renamed as:  Corrosion and Metallurgy Study Centre “Aldo Daccò”. Since November 2011 Full Professor Gian Luca Garagnani is the Director of the Centre.

Ferrara Castle

The main scientific activity of the Centre was addressed to the study of corrosion inhibitors, testified by the numerous publications in international corrosion journals and symposia proceedings.

Targa Centro

Since 1960, every five years, the Corrosion Study Centre organizes the European Symposium on Corrosion Inhibitors, known as SEIC, under the auspices of the European Federation of Corrosion (EFC). This meeting has appealed many experts and researchers not only from Europe but worldwide. The last edition (10th SEIC) was held in 2005. The volumes of the Proceedings are reviewed by Chemical Abstracts and Corrosion Abstracts and are cited as one of the base bibliographic reference about corrosion inhibitors.