Center for the Military Architecture
Call: Cross Border Cooperation Programme - Italy-Slovenia 2007-2013 - Standard projects no. 02/2009
Start date January 2013 - end date January 2015
Total cost: 1,100,220.81 €
EU contribution to UniFe: 77,820 €
CAMAA project aims at establishing a permanent cross-border network for the Military Architecture Adriatic management, capitalizing some relevant European project’s results in the field of fortified heritage valorization and promotion. The project faces some strategic issues such as:
- the identification of business and management sustainable models specifically designed for the target area covered by the two countries;
- the conservation and restoration, looking for new methods of intervention;
– the identification of specific promotional channels.
The project promotes:
- the social integration between the two countries through a common good;
- “the fortified heritage”;
- the knowledge;
- a new society based on the innovation;
- new business and commercial opportunities;
- training events;
- the territory as well.
In substance, CAMAA project is conceived as a cross-border cultural infrastructure able to capitalize the most relevant past experiences and practices of the partnership, it will achieve its final goal transversally, upgrading the partnership for the next period of European planning.
sharing potential experiences to be capitalized, demand analysis of cultural projects and planning, arrangement of outputs and capitalized projects, planning and implementation of thematic task to be capitalized, outputs and past project systematization, permanent project management, the improving of a common knowledge of the area, governance of the priority themes for the target area, start-up of the Center for the Military Architecture, training, research, dissemination, communication and information.
realization of the permanent network management, equal representation, interaction between institutions, networking consolidation, public services improvement, joint use of the infrastructures, Knowledge and territorial know-how improvement, increased use of sustainable approach, new business and commercial opportunities, exchange and dissemination of best practices, sustainable re-use of cultural sites, breaking down language diversities and cultural barriers, cultural cooperation strengthening, improvement of equal opportunities, cooperation between universities and research centers, start-up of networks for the innovation, dissemination and knowledge.
- Regione del Veneto, Italy
- Občina Miren - Kostanjevica, Slovenia
- Mestna občina Koper / Comune città di Capodistria, Slovenia
- Zavod za varstvo kulturne dediščine Slovenije, Slovenia
- Marco Polo System G.E.I.E., Italy
- Comune di Ferrara, Italy
- Comunità Collinare del Friuli, Italy
- Comune di Palmanova, Italy
- Znanstvenoraziskovalni center Slovenske akademije znanosti in umetnosti, Slovenia
- Direzione regionale dei beni culturali e paesaggistici del Friuli Venezia Giulia, Italy
- Soprintendenza per i Beni Architettonici e Paesaggistici di Venezia e Laguna, Italy
- Dipartimento di Ingegneria e Architettura - Università degli Studi di Trieste, Italy