Bronze-IMproved non-hazardous PAtina CoaTings
Call:M-ERA.NET Call 2013
Start date: 1/03/2015 - end date: 28/02/2017
Total cost: 990.604,00 €
EU contribution: 608.357,00 €
EU contribution to UniFe: 81.045,00 €
The B-IMPACT (Bronze-IMproved non-hazardous PAtina CoaTings) project aims at developing innovative eco-friendly and non-hazardous protective coatings to protect bronze surfaces exposed to the outdoor environment.
Bronze artefacts and cultural heritage monuments exposed outdoors are prone to degradation processes, especially in polluted environments. Corrosion processes with the degradation of surface stability and appearance occur not only on ancient bronzes but also on newly exposed bronze surfaces. Their protection and maintenance remains a great challenge, requiring on-going investment. The B-IMPACT project will develop tailored "right off the shelf" formulations based on advanced protection strategies, offering reduced maintenance costs as well as efficient conservation solutions for end-users, including local authorities and other stakeholders (architects, artists, museums, etc.).
- Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute (Coordinator) - Slovenia
- Geida d.o.o. - Slovenia
- Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna - Italy
- Corrosion and Metallurgy Study Centre "Aldo Daccò", University of Ferrara - Italy
- ECAMRICERT S.R.L. - Italy
- TRACES Laboratory – CNRS UMR 5608 –Toulouse University - France
- PYLOTE SAS - France
- C2M Aurochs Industrie - France